The European Institute for Comparative Cultural Research (ERICarts)
The ERICarts-Institute aims to provide those working in the cultural field with solid empirical information and analysis as a basis for their actions.
Organised as an independent not-for-profit company, ERICarts-Institute was founded by the European Association of Cultural Researchers (ECURES) and leading research organisations to:
- Facilitate sustainable co-operation in the field of comparative cultural research;
- Develop reliable empirical tools for undertaking comparative cultural research;
- Encourage the transfer and uptake of information and knowledge produced through the research projects by different public and private sector actors;
- Demonstrate the cultural dimensions of diverse fields and policy sectors such as employment, social affairs, competition, media, education, foreign policy, and agriculture; and
- Adhere to the principles and objectives outlined in European and international frameworks for culture to promote transparency, diversity, equality, participation and creativity.